Clayton County Sheriff's Office
Criminal Investigator Brent Ostrander
· Brent started his career in law enforcement as a reserve officer for the Guttenberg Police Department in September 2002.
· On December 6, 2002 Brent was hired as a full-time patrol officer for the Guttenberg Police Department and remained there until December 25, 2006.
· Brent graduated from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College in May of 2003 with an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Police Science.
· Brent successfully completed the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy at Hawkeye Community College on October 31, 2003.
· In April 2004 Brent was promoted as the first K-9 Handler with the Guttenberg Police Department with his partner Ben, a German Shepard from Steinig Tal Kennels from Campbellsport, WI.
· On December 26, 2006 Brent was hired and started with the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office as a deputy sheriff. Shortly after his hire arrangements were made with the Guttenberg Police Department and Brent became the second active K-9 Deputy with his partner Ben.
· In January 2009 Brent was promoted to the position of Investigator and specializes in criminal investigations.
· Brent has been an active member of the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office Special Operations Team since 2004. The Special Operations Team is designed to safely and effectively investigate narcotic related crimes and the execution of search warrants.
· During Brent’s career in law enforcement he has had the opportunity to attend several specialized trainings in the fields of investigations to include: Interview and Interrogations, Drug Interdiction, Practical Crime Scene Investigations, Domestic Violence, Rapid Deployment to School Violence, Basic Special Weapons and Tactics Course, Tactical Fitness, Prevention and Response to Suicide Bomber Attacks, among other various trainings in the field of law Enforcement.· Brent is also the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office’s lead Instructor in the fields of Defensive Tactics, Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) or Pepper Spray, ASP expandable baton, and handcuffing.
· Brent is also responsible as the Department’s evidence technician and Criminal Intelligence Officer.
· Brent has also attended conferences and been an active member in several organizations to include Iowa Narcotics Officers Association (INOA), Iowa Law Enforcement Intelligence Network (LEIN), Iowa Division of the International Association for Identification, and the Midwest Tactical Officers Association (MTOA).
· Brent was the Vice President of the Clayton County Law Enforcement Association (CCLEA) from January 2010 to December 2011 and was elected President of the CCLEA in January 2012.
· Outside of work Brent enjoys spending time with his family and his time outdoors hunting and fishing. Brent is a very active person continuing his desire for fitness by partaking in competitions such as the Rock and Roll half marathon in August 2010, Tough Mudder (Wisconsin) in August 2011, and is scheduled for the Tough Mudder (Minnesota) May 2012.