In order to have a case presented to the CCDRC the impacted person must be actively working with a case worker and exploring all resources identified through the process of creating a recovery plan. The following is a list of questions that may be discussed at the CCDRC meetings.
- How is the client impacted by the disaster?
- What evidence is available to support and document the impact of the disaster on the client's life?
- Is the need being requested directly related to the impact of the disaster on the client's life?
- Have all resources been explored, including all entitlements and income of all people in the home?
- Will funding the request duplicate the client's or community's resources?
- Does funding the request assist in the client in reaching independent, sustainable financial recovery from the disaster's impact?
- Has the client actively worked on and implemented a "recovery" or "self-sufficiently" plan so that they will be financially stable in the future?