National Change Of Address Cards

Each year our office, as required under the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 ("Motor Voter"), mails notices to voters as part of the annual National Change of Address (NCOA) program. This mailing is usually processed in March.  If you reported a change of address to the U.S. Postal service in the last year, and the voter registration address on file in our office does not match this address, we are required by law to update your address and send you an NCOA notice. Postage-paid reply cards are sent to both your old address, as indicated on our voter registration files, and your new address, as reported by the U.S. Postal Service.  This allows you to make any corrections and return the card to our office.  We are required by law to mail cards to both addresses, so you may receive two cards.  Our office also sends notices each year to voters who have shown no activity in four years.

Important Facts

NCOA only updates voter registration addresses within Clayton County.  It does not register you to vote in another county or state.

The NCOA procedure only updates your address. It will not update any other information such as a name change, party affiliation, or phone number. (For example, if the NCOA procedure updates your address from Elkader to Guttenberg, your old Elkader phone number remains on our files with your new Guttenberg street address - unless you change it.)  You may indicate such changes on the reply card, even though no blanks are provided.

If you return your card with any corrections, you must sign it. If you return a card with corrections but fail to sign it, we are not allowed to make the corrections.

For more information, please call the Auditor's Office at 563-245-1106.